NOTE: The demo is outdated and does not reflect the current state of the project! But it will still give you a good idea of what to expect in the game.
Parasite is a roguelike survival horror game about possession set in a modern-day setting. Currently in development, each session is set to be medium length (around 2-3 hours to complete). The game is fully completable to the finish and is now being expanded upon the base gameplay.
- A whole generated modern-day city to explore and survive in.
- A single story scenario that starts with the main protagonist alone, scared and without any memories in a hostile human world.
- Possession mechanics that is critical to the player survival (see, you just die very fast without a host).
- Robust host inventory, skills and knowledges system.
- Player evolution unlocking new improvements and body features for the possessed hosts.
- Building and improving habitat to rest and recuperate.
- Separate difficulty settings for all key parts of the game that will be prompted organically during its course.
- Event timeline investigation to piece together both what has happened before and what to do next.
- A dangerous group of opponents that is tasked with finding and destroying threats to humanity (you).
The development is now focused on adding the meat to the fully sketched out game. I'm planning to expand it with different story scenarios and adding more meat to the key parts.
Keyboard help :
- 1-9 - Player actions that are listed in the action window in the lower left window corner. Also player actions in all screens.
- S - Stop evolution
- X - Leave host
- Z - Wait
- F1-F8 (Alt-1 to Alt-8 when in browser) - Goals, Inventory, Knowledge, Log, Timeline, Evolution, Body features and Options screens. Most of these will be locked until you progress further through the early game.
- F10 - Exit
- F - Enables/disables fullscreen mode
Useful console commands (press ; to open console on top, works only when all windows are closed):
- h, help - will show available commands
- cfg, config - set config option. If ran without arguments, will show all config options available. Example: "cfg mapScale 0.3" will set map scale to 30%
- r, restart - restarts the game
- q, quit - quits the game (desktop only)
Read the brief game guide here.
This version of the game uses free icons from www.flaticon.com. Full list is available here. It also uses sounds from FreeSound and ZapSplat. Full list of sounds is available here. Music by MaxStack (unavailable except ingame yet).
You can contact me directly at starinfidel_at_gmail_dot_com.
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, HTML5|
|Genre||Role Playing, Survival|
|Tags||modern-day, Open World, Roguelike, Survival Horror|
|Code license||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Source code, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files: